Friday 13 July 2012

Pintucks/ Textiles 1 Part 2 Preparation

Packing for a week's camping started with a pleasurable hour packing for a week's sewing. Quite a discipline trying to pack enough so I wouldn't be too restricted in my choices of fabric or yarn, but not have so much I couldn't pack it safely away from rain if necessary.


As you can see I couldn't resist packing some of the more exotic fabrics on the list anyway. Perhaps I will get that far in the instructions. Although I know perfectly well it's very unlikely what with the surfing and the castles!


I went last minute shopping with my daughter and drew this part of her muslin dress in a cafe at the shopping centre. I'm not sure if it will be useful to have this in my sketchbook but I do like folded fabric like this.

It doesn't look pretty or clever, but it's what I'm interested in, and might work more on, and I guess that's the point of the sketchbook, isn't it. There's some doubt in my mind a lot of the time about whether I'm doing this right - the sketchbook, this blog, the whole business - how long each part should take etc. Although not so much that I think I need to bother anyone with stupid questions, or anything. Just the usual doubts you get when you're doing something for the first time and you don't know what you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment